Outcry Youth Theatre is dedicated to the safety of our youth participants and their families. We are implementing these Safety Precautions following the recommendations from the Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas and the CDC.
- Staff members, volunteers, and participants will wear masks at all times.
- Staff members, volunteers, and participants will be socially distanced when possible.
- Staff members, volunteers, and participants will receive daily temperature checks.
- Hand sanitizer will be made readily available, and participants will be asked to regularly wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer.
- All staff will be trained on appropriate cleaning and disinfection, hand hygiene, and respiratory etiquette.
- Common surfaces, the restroom, and chairs will be sanitized daily.
- Parents or guardians of participants will be informed if a staff member, volunteer, or participant at Outcry has tested positive for Covid-19.
- Chairs, benches, tables, or props used during a scene will be sanitized by an Outcry employee or volunteer when a scene is finished.
- No parents or guardians will be allowed into the rehearsal area during or between camp/class/rehearsal sessions, except to drop-off and pick-up participants.
While rehearsals, classes, and camps are restricted due to COVID-19, all actors should observe the following rules:
- Actors will bring their own mask, hand sanitizer, pencil, and water bottle to rehearsal.
- Actors may not share water, snacks, scripts, or pencils with other actors.
- Please arrive to rehearsal/class/camp 5-10 minutes early for temperature checks. Upon arriving at Outcry, please come to the door one at a time. If you see another actor already standing at the door having their temperature checked, please wait in your car until they enter.
- Once at the door, an Outcry employee or volunteer will ask the actors health screening questions and take the actor’s temperature. If it is above 99.9, the actor will not be allowed to attend rehearsal/class/camp. Parents, please consider taking your actor’s temperature before coming to Outcry. Wait until their temperature is checked before you leave after drop off.
- Actors will wear a mask at all times.
- Actors should refrain from hugging or touching when greeting each other.
- Actors will be assigned a numbered chair to sit in. Chairs will be spaced out as much as possible and you may not sit in another actor’s chair or on the floor when you are not in a scene.
- Actors can practice by themselves outside, as long as they maintain six feet between them and anyone else outside.
- Actors will not be allowed to go across the street to the QT. Actors may go before or after rehearsal/class/camp.
- Actors may bring a snack, but cannot share food with others, including candy or mints. Actors should promptly throw away their trash and disposable water bottles as soon as they are finished. No gum is allowed.
- Actors should cough or sneeze into a tissue and then throw that tissue away immediately and wash their hands. Actors are encouraged to bring their own tissues if needed.
- Before actors begin a scene, they should use their hand sanitizer. If an actor touches a prop or set piece they should wash their hands and use their hand sanitizer when they return to their seats.
- Chairs, benches, tables, or props used during a scene will be wiped down by an Outcry employee or volunteer when a scene is finished.
- When rehearsal/class/camp ends, actors with their own cars should gather their items and leave immediately, maintaining a safe distance from others while waiting their turn to walk out the door. If waiting for a parent, an actor will wait in their assigned chair until they have received a text or call from the parent that they have arrived. At that time, the actor will gather their items and leave, maintaining a safe distance from others while waiting their turn to walk out the door.
Understand that these rules may change at any time.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK
Before being allowed to participate in a camp, class, or rehearsal at Outcry Youth Theatre, all participants must sign a form that acknowledges the following:
- Acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and/or myself may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by participating in any activity outside of our home, including activities organized by Outcry Youth Theatre (the “Activities”), and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death.
- Understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 may be increased by participation in the Activities, and that such exposure or infection may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Outcry employees, volunteers, and other participants and/or their families.
- Agree to notify an Outcry employee immediately if I find out that my actor or a member or our household has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Acknowledge that if I notify Outcry that my actor or a member of our household has tested positive for COVID-19, Outcry will inform the rest of the participants in my camp, class, or show that they have potentially been exposed.
- Acknowledge the enhanced risks of participants being in direct contact with anyone age 65 or older for 14 days after participating in a camp, class, rehearsal, or performance.
- Acknowledge that I received and read the Safety Rules by Outcry setting forth the protocols that must be adhered to by all participants and their parents/guardians/chaperones in connection with the Activities until further notice.
- Understand that these protocols are necessary for the health and safety of all participants in the Activities.
- Take full responsibility for both mine and my children’s adherence to all such protocols including self-screening prior to each and every participation in the Activities. I will not allow my child(ren) to attend Activities if he or she exhibits any of the following symptoms: fever, shortness of breath, cough, or sore throat.
- Acknowledge that my child(ren) will have his or her temperature checked before all Activities and that a temperature above 99.9 will result in my child being prohibited from participation.
- Understand that my participation in the Activities is contingent on my acceptance of all the terms herein and that I must provide a copy of the confirmation of such acceptance to my child’s Stage Manager before they will be allowed to participate.
- Understand that these protocols may change at any time.